Monday, March 7, 2011

Who is Bryan The Camel?


I know many people have wondered ‘Who is Bryan The Camel?’  And why would I name my blog that.

Well it actually all started about a year ago, when I was still in teachers college applying anywhere and everywhere for a teaching job.  I knew that a job in Ontario would not be so easily to come by with the surplus of teachers going on and the lack of expected interview numbers projected for the up coming school year.  That was when I decided that I should also think about applying overseas for a teaching job.  I looked up the different recruitment organizations and came across teachanywhere.com.

Teachanwhere.com put me in contact with the recruitment officer of Canada and his name was Bryan.  Bryan was very helpful in not only finding me a job, but also in helping me make the decision for taking the job and to get mentally prepared for the move half-way across the world.  He also provided a lot of good information about living in the UAE.  In the emails sent, there was a constant joke about me getting a camel when I arrived in Al Ain to be used as a means of transportation.

So when I decided to start a blog to help keep in touch with people back home and to use as an outlet to express the journey I was going through, the first step was to think of a name.  I didn’t want to use my full name and I wanted the name of the blog to reflect my situation some how and give the blog a theme.  Thus the name ‘Bryan the Camel’ came to me and I thought it was a perfect fit.

Bran the Camel says…
            Thanks for coming along for the ride!

1 comment: