Thursday, January 20, 2011

Award Ceremony or Comedic Act?

There is no better way to end off a school term then by having an award ceremony to commemorate the hard work and achievements of the students’.  It is also a great way to motivate the students for the next term.  I thoroughly enjoy these school events; for they give me the opportunity to see the school showcase its greatness!  And I get no better amusement in it.

I mean the beautiful decorations of streamers and balloons that hung so diligently on the stage with staples half sticking out was absolutely breathtaking… and the words ‘I Love You’ and ‘# 1 Dad’ printed on the balloons just added to that special je ne sais quoi.

The strikingly large, yellow golden trophy was held up proudly when it was presented to the best class of the term… I was just hoping the sticker saying ‘Best Class’ wouldn’t come off and uncover the ‘Gino’s Pizza Prize Award’ that lay underneath, which was given to the school for ordering the most pizzas last year.

I thought it would be a great idea to have some of our talented students play a piece of music half way through the ceremony.  And I have to say the beautiful music really did showcase the amazing talent of the school… I mean it takes a lot of talent to be able to hit the keys just right as the music plays from the pre-recorded electric keyboard.

And what better way to really say congratulations to the students for their high achievements then with gifts wrapped in paper with the words ‘get well’ on it.

In all honestly is was a great ceremony, one of the best we have had all year.  And I will take the few chuckles where I can get them, because they don’t happen often.

Bryan The Camel says…
            Did you get the number for Gino’s Pizza off the trophy!?

2 comments:

  1. i was pretty impressed at the girls musical number, i mean it's pretty phenomenal to think that they were playing three different songs in three different keys at the same time!!

    ReplyDelete