Friday, January 7, 2011

Can we live without stress?


Maybe it’s the fact that I am still getting over the jetlag (traveling from Canada to Dubai with a 9 hour time difference will do that) and therefore have been up since 3 am with nothing do to but be alone with my thoughts, or the fact that stress seems to be my only companion since living in the Gulf, nonetheless it is a question that one dwells over…. Can we live without stress?

Since being up this morning I have stressed over the fact that I woke up so early and couldn’t get back to sleep.  Then as I lay their trying and failing to fall back asleep, I began to stress how I was wasting time and should just get up and do something more constructive with my time.  And the day has continued in this way jumping from one stressful thought to another.

So is this what life is? A constant bombardment of stressful thoughts that overwhelm our day-to-day life…I may be an exception, but it is hard to remember a time when I wasn’t stressed about something.  Then again it also acts as a comfort in a weird twisted way because when I am not stressed, I stress because I am not stressed.  So it’s a vicious cycle.  And even moving to a completely new country hasn’t stopped that.

Bryan the Camel’s thoughts…
Drink less espresso and get more sleep!

3 comments:

  1. seriously? you went to a university called niPISSing

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh... and about stress... some people do live without stress.
    In fact, I'm pretty sure that God told us NOT to be stressed out about everything.. ya know, just saying...

    Phil 4:6

    ReplyDelete
  3. and what kindof life would a life without espresso be?


    LAME.


    (glad we're friends, glad you haven't dumped me cause i'm such a killjoy.

    ReplyDelete